REBEL HOUSE!!! TRADITIONAL AUTHENTIC BULGARIAN HOUSE - SUPERB LOCATION!!
AMAZING HOUSE - built at the end of the 19th century!!
The property is situated in a peaceful village only 10 miles away from the Belogradchik rocks - said to be one of the wonders of the world! The town of Dimovo is 15 miles from the village.
The village is in a good location and has easy access to nearby cities - the area is very picturesque and surrounded by forests and nature.
BUY THIS PROPERTY NOW AND PAY FOR IT MONTHLY!
Authentic rural house in the village of Varbovchets
The property is a ONE-STORY house with a large garden located in a traditional Bulgarian village.
The village is very well maintained with street lighting and a grocery store.
There are regular buses to Dimovo.
Varbovchets is one of the oldest and most traditional villages in the area.
AUTHENTIC HOUSE - BIG GARDEN - AMAZING VIEWS - NEXT TO THE CENTRAL SQUARE - VERY TRADITIONAL - KITCHEN - BATHROOM + WC
The house consists of a living room with a kitchen area - one bedroom and a single room - veranda - NEW bathroom + WC.
The property has an authentic basement.
There is a wooden outbuilding on the plot.
A new septic tank has been installed.
The house is located in the central part of the village 50 metres from the central square and a shop. The large garden area is perfect to enjoy the hot summers with a glass of wine and a BBQ.
The house has been completely re-wired and has new switches / fuses fitted.
The roof is in good condition and has been completely re-built. Some of the beams have been changed but the old traditional tiles have been kept.
The surrounding nature is very beautiful and peaceful.
Plot of land = 1020 m2
Despite the splendid rural location the property is easy to access and is a fantastic place to own a home in the beautiful Bulgarian countryside.
THE VILLAGE OF VARBOVCHETS
The village of Varbovchets has everything you need for general day to day living.The village is located in an amazing area close to the Belogradchik fortress.
The main Vidin - Montana road runs next to the village.
The river Lom is one mile from the village - perfect for fishermen.
The nearest kindergarten - primary - secondary schools and health care centres are located in the municipal town of Dimovo.
The village is approximately 100 miles from the capital city of Sofia & the International Sofia Airport and about 38 miles from Vidin and the Danube Bridge 2.
The village is only about 10 miles from the historical Belogradchik Fortress.
The most attractive landmarks in the area are the:
- Magura Cave - located 25 miles from Varbovchets. The cave is one of the most beautiful in Bulgaria. It was carved from a river and covers over 30,000 sq.m - the total length of the galleries found so far are about 2500 m.
- Belogradchik rocks - one of the most famous rock formations in Bulgaria and part of the hundred national tourist sites.
- Venets Cave - located close to the village of Oreshets. The cave is 200 m in length and extremely beautiful. Venets cave is considered the most beautiful of all the 121 caves discovered by the "White bat" club.
- Lepenitsa Cave - the cave is only 11 miles from Varbovchets and is part of the natural phenomenon of the Belogradchik rocks. The walls are painted in the same brown-reddish color as the structures above the ground. Like the Magura cave, Lepenitsa is horizontal and has an entrance chamber that crosses on two floors;
- Eco-Trail "Zbegove" - The route is interesting and passes along shaped paths. The "Zbegove" area is part of an old complex of security and observation points, traces of which can still be found. From the observation tower of "Zbegove" there is a wonderful panorama view to the Belogradchik rocks and mount Vedernik;
- The astronomical observatory in Belogradchik - built in 1961 from an idea put forward by Hristo Kostov (a teacher of physics at the city high school) and a group of fellow astronomy enthusiasts. The observatory has 2 observation domes with diameters of 6 and 4 metres with three telescopes:
---The first 15 cm telescope "Carl Zeiss" has a Maxwell - Kassegren system and is equipped with stellar and planetary cameras;
---The second 60 centimetre telescope "Kassegren" was manufactured by Carl Zeiss. This was installed in 1969 and is the second largest telescope in the Balkans after Rojen.
---The third - a compact 14-inch telescope is a "Celestron" Schmidt-Kassegren system.
Since 1976 the Belogradchik astronomical observatory has been the observatory base of the Bulgarian Academy of Science;
This really is a property with potential !!
DIMOVO & REGION
Dimovo is a town in northwest Bulgaria and part of the Vidin district - this is the administrative centre of the municipality of Dimovo and lies in the eastern part of the Vidin district 20 miles away from Vidin and 35 miles away from Bregovo and the Timok River close to the Serbian border.
The town is located in the western Danubian plain. Until the liberation of Bulgaria in 1878 it was known as Barzitsa (Burzitza) but it had an Ottoman name - Osmaniye. In 1880 it was renamed Aleksandrovo after the Bulgarian knyaz Alexander I of Battenberg. It was briefly called Vlaykovo in honor of Todor Vlaykov in 1936 but the name was changed back to Knyaz Aleksandrovo the same year. Finally, the modern name of Dimovo was established in 1951 after the local partisan Zhivko Puevs nickname - Dimo.
Transport - the international road E-79 passes through the town of Dimovo part of Pan-European Corridor № 4. The ferry link Vidin-Calafat (Romania) and the border checkpoint Vrashka Chuka are located 18 miles from the town. The Bregovo border checkpoint is located 35 miles from the municipal centre. The opening of a border checkpoint at Salash (Serbia) is expected. The centre of the municipality is 20 miles from Vidin and 45 miles from Montana.
Energy - There are 36 electric power substations in the municipality. Low voltage street power networks have been built and villages are supplied with electricity by overhead power lines.
Water supply and sewerage - The water supply for the villages in the municipality of Dimovo are from three water supplers. The villages of Yarlovitsa and Darjanitsa have separate sources.
Communication - Mobile connection and internet access are readily available.
VIDIN & REGION
Vidin is in the north-west part of the Danube plain. The whole area is occupied by the Vidin lowlands spreading between the Danube river near the city of Vidin and the mountains to the west. The municipality has vast fields / hills and small forests that cover 3022 square kilometres - about 2.7% of Bulgaria. The municipality is the door of Bulgaria to Europe and the rest of the world. To the north borders Romania and to the west Serbia. The Danube river runs along the north border and provides access to European countries along the river.
Vidin emerged from an old Celtic settlement known as Dunonia. The settlement evolved into a Roman fortified town called Bononia. The town grew into one of the important centres of the province of Upper Moesia encompassing the territory of modern north-western Bulgaria and eastern Serbia.
When Slavs settled in the area they called the town Badin or Bdin - this is where the modern name comes from.
Vidin's main landmark - the Baba Vida Fortress was built in the period from the 10th to the 14th century. In the middle ages Vidin was an important Bulgarian city and capital of the province. Between 971 and 976 the town was in Samuil's possession while his brothers ruled to the south. In 1003 Vidin was seized by Basil II after an eight-month siege because of the betrayal of a local bishop.
The areas importance once again arose during the Second Bulgarian Empire (1185 - 1422) and its people were influential figures in the Empire. From the mid 13th century the area was ruled by the Shishman family. In 1356 Bulgarian Tsar Ivan Alexander isolated Vidin from the Bulgarian monarchy and appointed his son Ivan Stratsimir (1356 - 1396) as absolute ruler of Vidin's new city-state - the Tsardom of Vidin (Bdin / Badin).
BUY THIS PROPERTY NOW AND PAY FOR IT MONTHLY!
Property price = 5 900 GBP
The deposit is non-refundable!